'Why paint?' is a question which haunts me as much as it has done artists since photography was invented - and it's something which continues to challenge us as technology moves onward. I began to explore these ideas through a series of photo-paintings and these continued across themes for several years.
Without going into theoretical detail, the answer lies for me, somewhere in the physicality of the paint; the texture and narrative it has of its own which adds to the story of the image.
1) Experimental piece on canvas and details
2) Four Moments Stitched in Time on canvas
3) detail of above
4) Self-Perpetuating Sunset
5) Drawing with pictures - turned into a sun(set)flower.
6) A little childhood moment - on paper
7) Land of the Three Suns - time going forwards and sideways. (board)